All species of phasmid require interstate movement permits and importation permits from the USDA. The permits for both natives and exotics will require a containment facility. The only legal route to avoid needing a containment facility is to obtain native phasmids that were collected in-state. Otherwise all acquisitions would require the receiver of the shipment to have a containment facility. If you are able to obtain the permits to import, then also check with the FWS as a FWS permit is required to import any animal (exemptions for personal pets may apply).